Artikel Pilihan
- April (16)
Direktori
- Hypnosis (3)
- counseling menu (2)
- online therapists (3)
- psychology video (7)
Ikut kami
Monday, April 19, 2010
Carol Agnew, MA, LMFT



Sandra Magliacani-Shern, LMHC

Hello, my name is Carol Agnew, and I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (License #4101006139 Psychology License Verification) in the state of Michigan. I am an online counselor specializing in relationship issues, self-esteem, personal growth, depression, transitional issues, parenting issues, ADHD, dysfunctional families and sexual abuse. I believe many of the challenges and hardships life throws our way can be addressed and overcome through online counseling and feel that this is one of my specialties.
In addition to being an online counselor, I also do Home Based family therapy. In this style of therapy, I do intensive work with children with severe behavioral problems and their families in their individual homes. This includes children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, sibling rivalry, and problems in school, in the home and in the community. In working with adults in these families I have covered everything from parenting skills to depression, couple's issues, sexual abuse, Bipolar Disorder and empowering people to take charge of their lives. I have a special fondness for working with women to better their lives and improve their relationships. I really enjoy what I do and I am always looking for new and creative ways to help people improve their lives. Online therapy certainly fills this creative desire for me.I have two bachelor's degrees, one in Psychology and one in Child Development and Family Studies, both from Purdue University in Indiana. I earned my masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at Syracuse University in New York. This twin degree has been invaluable for my work with children and families. It allows me to bring more knowledge to my clients than the average family therapist. With our private chat function and affordable prices family therapy is now a reality over the internet and I am excited to be one of the pioneers in this field.
I am married and have a daughter and therefore know parenting problems and family challenges first hand. I believe this makes my work much more effective. The challenges and the joys of working with families has been very rewarding for me. I am dedicated to bringing this knowledge of families to this new and exciting medium. I have lived in Michigan for most of my life (except when I was attending school). I enjoy reading, gardening, going to the movies and playing cards. I look forward to hearing from you and creating a great working relationship! I am available to do email and chat sessions.
Update: I am now the supervisor of the Home Based Family Therapy Program. Personally, my program only gets its clients through the local Community Mental Health (we contract with them). Professional Counseling Center does have an outpatient component as well.
Donald C. Bliss, MSW
Hi, I'm Don. I have worked in mental health and social services for 25 years - longer if you count the foster children with special needs we always had in our home while I was growing up, and the volunteer work I did as a teenager. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#22042) in the State of California (USA).
I have a bachelor's degree in Social Work as well as a Certificate in International/Intercultural Studies (George Williams College of Aurora University). My specialization in undergraduate school was Child and Adolescent Services, after which I worked in the field for 10 years before returning to school to complete my master's degree (again in Social Work, at the University of Maryland at Baltimore). During graduate school I focused on: brief, solution-focused therapy; psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and evaluation; and substance abuse and dependence.
I have worked in the public and private sectors, in non-profit and for-profit organizations and in such varied settings as community agencies, residential treatment centers, psychiatric hospitals and employee assistance programs, as both a clinician and as a manager/director. I have experience with very diverse client populations and problems. Besides the areas of specialization already noted, my expertise includes: addictions and unhealthy dependencies; sex and sexuality; gay / lesbian / bisexual / transgender issues; HIV/AIDS, disabilities and chronic illness; and spirituality, morality and guilt. I have worked in individual, group, couples and family therapy, long-term psychotherapy, managed behavioral healthcare, program development and evaluation and private practice. I have served on government and other planning boards. My school and work experiences have been broad and wide-ranging, but beyond that I have extensive life experience which I consider equally if not more important.
My goal is to support, encourage and challenge you to find your joy. Your life is your own, and you have your own dreams, wishes and desires. I want to help you to achieve them, and to assist you in doing whatever it takes for you to get there - as long as you are not causing harm to yourself or anyone else. I don't believe that there is any particular road that you have to take to get there, either; people are not make from cookie-cutters, and what works for one person might not work for another. Therefore, my pledge is so support and encourage you to find your individual path, and to challenge you to explore new options for thinking, feeling, doing or being along the way.
I am available for email and live chat consultations (no webcam). My hours are flexible and could include some weekend hours. I am generally online between the hours of 7:00am to 7:00pm Pacific Standard Time (USA). In addition to psychotherapy clients, I welcome contacts with other professionals and budding professionals, managers and agencies. I trust that I can assist you with your concerns, and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
Elena G. Dobbs, M.A, PhD.
I am a bilingual (Spanish-English) therapist with over 4 years' experience with families and individuals based in Florida. My specialization has been marital therapy and family therapy, using mainly narrative strategies combined with cognitive-behavioral strategies. I also like to use Solution-Focused strategies with those clients who are looking for faster and more efficient results.
I have a Master Degree in Psychology and Counseling, with a specialization in Abnormal Psychology. I have also completed a PhD with a specialization in Marital and Family Counseling, with a great emphasis on Child Psychology and Developmental Psychology. Aside from formal courses, I have attended and successfully completed many workshops in Neuropsychology, Child Therapy, Trauma Treatment and Psychiatric Disorders in Aging Populations. My dissertation is centered around innovative treatments for caregivers of chronically ill patients.
My work so far has been mainly with outreach agencies helping families in crisis, individuals with depression and anxiety, eating disorders and children at risk. I have also worked in private practices, where I have helped many married couples in crisis, and individuals and families who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
I understand that, for most people, money is an issue at the moment. I do take this into consideration when preparing a therapy plan for each of my clients, and try to help my clients come to helpful resolutions in a timely manner, when possible.
I view each client as a whole person, completely different from any other person in the world. In this light, I like to prepare a therapy plan for each client after our initial conversation. This plan will present the goals that we will strive to accomplish and the date by when these goals shall be accomplished. This way, the client has control over the therapy plan, and changes can be made if necessary. Each plan contains a set of strategies that may be a combination of several different psychology theories, because I believe that one cannot apply one theory or set of strategies for all clients. Each client is unique and deserves a personalized therapy plan in which they can believe and with which they can feel comfortable.
I view the therapy process as collaboration between client and therapist. I will draft your personalized plan and goals based on our initial conversation and I will send you a copy of this plan so that you can approve it and make any changes if you deem necessary. Together, we will work on the issues that need to be examined, so that you can move forward with peace of mind.
You are in good hands with me.
Sandra Magliacani-Shern, LMHC
Hello, and welcome to the innovative concept of counseling online and distance counseling. It is my passion to help others to enrich and improve their life, and distance counseling provides another avenue for self-improvement.
I currently work as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor LMHC 8283 in South Florida helping clients to overcome obstacles and deal with life's challenges, Counseling License Verification. I primarily work with adults who are facing counseling issues regarding relational problems, self-esteem, learning to attract a healthy partner, stress, career dissatisfaction, loss, depression, anxiety, procrastination and personal enrichment. I work with individuals as well as couples.
Counseling is a second career for me, which illustrates the importance of following one's passion. My first Master's degree is in Human Resources Management, and I was the human resources director for several organizations in a variety of settings, including retail, cataloging, manufacturing, and education. Although I found human resources to be a challenging and rewarding field, I was not able to spend enough time in direct service to others. I obtained a second Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling, and I currently work as a psychotherapist. It has been extremely rewarding to be part of the lives of others who are seeking change.
Whether you are facing a difficult time in the present, or you are looking to live your life to the fullest, having an advocate to support your journey can make a tremendous difference. I hope that you allow me the opportunity to walk with you on your journey.
Keriomi Timpson-Bey, Ph.D., LSW
I greet you in peace and warmly welcome you to my virtual online therapy office. I'm honored you have decided to join me for a very special healing experience. My name is Keriomi Timpson-Bey. I'm a Therapist, Life-Coach, Spiritual Counselor, Social Work Clinician, and Holistic Practitioner. My professional credentials includes a Bachelor of Science Degree from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, Master in Social Work from St. Louis University, Ph.D, in Spiritual Holistic Health from Progressive Universal Life Church, and Licensed Minister through Universal Ministries. I'm licensed by the State of Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners, License No. G12323. License can be verified here. I have 19 years of experience working in private and non-private sectors providing services to children, adults, families, and individuals. I have training and/or certifications in Domestic Violence, Grief and Loss Counseling, Sexual Abuse, Anger Management, Child Welfare, Criminal Justice, School-Based Therapy, Substance Abuse, Incorporating Spirituality in the Workplace, Healthcare, Mental Health, Foster Care, Aging, Food Addictions, Death and Dying, Life Transitions, Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program, Early Childhood Interventions, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, Self-Esteem Issues, Marriage and Relationships, Spiritual Assessments, Mood Disorders, Depression, Anxiety, Childhood Disorders, Self-Hypnosis, Meditation, Master Reiki, Biorhythm Feedback, Healing Touch, Nurturing the Spirit of Children, Nutritional Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, Life Coach, and Motivational Speaker.
I am Dr. Nancy Tice, a psychiatrist in New York, who, for seventeen years, has specialized in helping people via online psychotherapy, e-mail and/or chat correspondence, phone consultations and in person individual psychotherapy. My specialties are extensive: anxiety, depression, shyness / phobias / fears, marital issues (including the many varieties that take the form of physical and emotional abuse) chronic illness, and the entire spectrum of eating disorders. Although I have expertise in psychopharmacology (traditional therapeutic medicine), I am equally knowledgeable as well as a proponent of natural approaches to mood improvement.
Raised in Lagos Nigeria until the age of sixteen, my journey to the United States, was one of courage in recognizing personal strengths necessary to navigate through life's obstacles and realizing personal happiness. Nigeria is a former British colony, having achieved independence in 1960, and while English remains her official language, Nigeria is a country made of several tribal regions. Three of which are very populous; the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Growing up in Nigeria I was exposed to two diverse cultures, Igbo and Yoruba tribal cultures; with my home of origin stemming from Igbo culture (Abia) and my schooling in Yoruba culture (Lagos). Through my experience growing up in these two cultures; from adjusting to spoken languages to differences in customs, I was afforded the opportunity to recognize universal similarities between people, an observation which was further reinforced with my transition to the United States.
Hello and welcome. My intention is to help you move through your current obstacles in the most productive way possible so that you are able to experience more joy and more fulfillment in your life.
Keriomi Timpson-Bey, Ph.D., LSW
It is my pleasure to serve as your online therapist. You've been directed to me by divine inspiration. Online therapy assists in creating balance and wholeness for a more fulfilling life. Perhaps you or someone you love is wrestling with a relationship problem, life crisis, or serious mental illness. One of the most importance lessons I've learned on this life-journey is healing begins from the inside-out. Come into my virtual online therapy office and let the healing begin…
My private practice focuses on holistic spiritual healing (mind, body, spirit), seeking to promote balance, unity, harmony, peace, joy, prosperity, and an overall sense of well-being. I essentially concentrate on treatment modalities that reconnect you to the sacred part of yourself and redirect healing energies to enhance the best possible mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health. Alternative healing sessions will include intuitive and spiritual counseling, visualization/imagery, hypnotherapy, nutritional counseling, meditation/relaxation techniques, use of crystals, gems, and metals for healing therapy, relationship healing using the Tantra Love Method (blending the natural energies of the bodies and connecting with cosmic universal energy…becoming one with your partner and the cosmos), Reiki (Usui System of Natural Healing), nurturing the spirit of children, and/or Self-Mastery (A Journey Home to Your…Self). Incorporated into my practice is also traditional therapeutic approaches including: Humanistic-Existential Psychotherapy (mind, body, spirit), Transpersonal Psychotherapy (spiritual dimension of self/soul), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (looks at conflict), Gestalt Therapy (here and now), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (examines patterns of thinking and behaviors), and Structural Family Therapy (framework based on changing family organization).
As an intuitive practitioner I offer both spiritual and clinical counseling. The primary difference between the two is that spiritual counseling is intuitive, and it's guided by Spirit (the highest essence of Self). The Soul of the Counselor connects with the Soul of the Client to assist in discovering solutions to life's problems. Spiritual counseling is from the heart. It honors the spirit and creates a conscious awakening. Spiritual counseling entails unearthing the root (core problem) once and for all, and not just snipping the branches (symptoms). We are all spiritual beings having a physical experience. Clinical counseling is conducted on a mental plane, and it‘s guided by logic, reason, and intellect (with the exception of humanistic-existential and transpersonal therapy).
My office hours are Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm.
I am available for chat, email, and/or phone sessions (evenings and weekends only). My phone number is (240) 625-2295. I offer home-based counseling and life-coaching services. I'm also available for seminars, conferences, and in-service trainings for businesses. Simply contact me to schedule an appointment.
Nancy E. Tice, MD
Additionally, many people need help caring for someone who is ill. Often caregivers neglect their own needs. Caregivers must learn to be good to themselves (without guilt) and not just do for others.
Some patients need help understanding deep hurts so that they can truly and finally forgive and move on with their lives. I believe there is a difference between coping vs. thriving. Coping is needed at times, such as a band aid is needed to protect a cut. Thriving means more than coping. It means not just making do, but in fact, enhancing our lives and making them the best they can be.
Whatever your concerns are, I am sure I can be of help. In addition to above, I have worked on ten medical web sites offering medical information and support. As an example, I maintained the position as the only doctor on eDiets.com. For twenty years, I've authored over 38 cutting-edge mental health (and related technology) articles in major publications, online and hard copy.
People have asked me why I chose this kind of work and why I would want to listen to peoples' stories. Why do I make myself so available? My answer is that I have always been intuitive, sensitive and interested in the lives and feeling of others because I had a very difficult and painful start to my own life. I was fortunate to find someone who helped me and who showed me how powerful and life-changing a good therapist can be. Regardless of your problem(s), I never judge. That is not a therapist's job.
From a patient who chooses to remain anonymous, "After seeing three therapists, I had enough. I was convinced nobody could help me. If it wasn't for my best friend who insisted that I talk with Nancy, I wouldn't be who I am today. Nancy is warm, kind and treated me like an equal, compared to the therapists I saw. Now I'm happy! For the very first time in my life!" I am also willing and able to address any medically related psychopharmacology concerns you might have as long and it is understood that is it is informational only and that I cannot prescribe medication online.
My hours are flexible and are not pre-set, so it's best to e-mail me. Whatever your concerns are, I am sure I can be of help. I look forward to hearing from you.
Ugochukwu Uche M.S., LPC
I enjoy helping people; it's in my nature and a primary contributor to my personal growth. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, a Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology and I am currently a licensed professional counselor with the State of Arizona. While I am eclectic in the delivery of my therapeutic services, I primary adhere to the principles of person centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
I am non judgmental towards all my clients, and I help my clients play to their personal strengths, with the goal of becoming resilient to their personal struggles and being successful in all facets of their lives. I also work with my clients to identify unhealthy beliefs and values which contribute to their personal struggles, with the goal of adopting healthier and realistic beliefs and values, which will help them, thrive. This also involves behavioral assignments designed to form healthier habits which will in turn lead to a consistency in the client's new shift in thinking. I specialize in Anger management (difficulty in embracing humility despite a recognized need to do so, dealing with discrimination in the work place, dealing with partner or spousal conflicts without getting angry and disrespectful) ADD/ADHD,(Hyperactivity, difficulty concentrating, feelings of being consistently disoriented in your head, difficulty in getting self organized and started) anxiety(constant worrying about health, money, irrational worry about wellbeing of self and others.) depression, (hopelessness, feelings of constant lethargy, painful sadness.) obsessive compulsive behaviors,(hand washing associated with an over conscious fear of germs, frequent checks of door knobs, car doors, gas and electric stoves, irrational rules i.e the number of times a door is to be closed.) and Trauma (reoccurring thoughts and lingering feelings from traumatic experiences such as fire, natural disasters, car accidents, sexual and physical assault.). In regards to trauma; as an Army veteran and having recently served in Afghanistan, I find myself understanding first hand what most soldiers, returning home and transitioning back to civilian life have been through. I have an extensive experience working with juveniles, with issues ranging from chemical dependency to sexual predatory behaviors; I prefer to work with members of this population in person.
I also enjoy running, (a habit I picked up from my time in service). I am a Clydesdale runner and to date I have ran and successfully completed two marathons and six half marathons. I also enjoy training youths for half marathons and by December of 2008, I would have had a total of 24 youths who have trained with me and successful finished half marathons.
I can practice through all mediums: Email, chat, audio visual and telephone. Email and chat are my most preferred, however I have access to the other mediums if preferred by a client.
Thank you for your time,
Jo-Ann Ramaglia, LCSW
I am currently in private practice in NW Arkansas; prior to that, I was in practice in South Florida. I am originally from northern NJ; my background and experience is quite diverse. Before I became a therapist, I was trained and involved in the dance world, both performing and teaching. That was my first love. I have also had a catering business and a line of high end cakes which I sold to restaurants! My undergraduate degree is in English Literature and Education; my masters is in Clinical Social Work.
I work in either a traditional therapy model or a coaching model, depending upon your needs and preference. I work from a holistic perspective, meaning that I take into account all aspects of life and being: physical, emotional, spiritual, social. My interests and studies include holistic health, nutrition, spirituality, eastern religions, self-transformation and law of attraction. I bring this all to bear in my work. I look forward to working with you.
Jo-Ann Ramaglia, LCSW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment